Frankston High School: Also called as “Frankston High”, a secondary college offering education for students in Years 7 to 12.
Facebook: Frankston High School, Frankston, Victoria. 1585 like
Frankston High School Ranking as of 2018 -2019: 17
Score of 40+ in Percentage (%): 11.8%
Median VCE Score: 32
This School is one of the famous school in Frankston area. A very long traditions for excellence in academic. A lot of multi-cultural environment, hence a popular choice for international students.
Why Choose Frankston High School:
- Varied international program with students drawn from many different countries and cultures.
- Recent completion and launch of purpose designed high-tech science wing.
- Indoor heated swimming pool and well equipped fitness centre on-site.
Strong Focus/Development Areas:
- Leadership Program
Subjects include the following:
* Technology; Information Technology, Material Studies – Woodwork & Metal Craft, Food & Textiles
* Health & Physical Education: Physical Education, Sport Education, Health Education
The Arts: Visual Arts, Drama, Music
Humanities: History & Geography
LOTE: French or Japanese
Features of Frankston High School:
- Accelerated program for high achievers
- Established close links with local university
- Site-wide computer access over secure wireless connections
- Highly regarded music program
- Extensive range of sporting teams
- Exemplary student leadership programs
- Chinese (First language)
- International student camps and tours
- Elite sports training program
- Concert bands, jazz bands and choir
- Art and design clubs and annual drama production with performance opportunities
- Surf lifesaving program
- Choice of many sports
Frankston High School is a co-educational secondary school, serving years 7-12. The uniform is compulsory and enforced.
Frankston High School is one of eight government schools in the Frankston area.
How students performed in Year 12
VCE Results for Frankston Secondary School:
Scores of 40+: 12%
Median Score: 32
Satisfactory completions of VCE: 99%
Satisfactory completions of VET: 93%
Further Studies persuaded by Students:
Bachelor enrolled 58%
TAFE/VET enrolled 10%
School Fees: This fees is for the year 2019.
International Student Fees
Year 10: $15,662
Year 12: $17,548
Principal: Mr John Albiston
Address: 97 Foot St, Frankston VIC 3199
Founded: 12 February 1924
Number of students: 1,750
Phone: (03) 9783 7955
Uniform Colors: Blue, Gold
Reviews in Google: 44 Google reviews with an average rating as 3.2/5, True Local : 4/5
“Frankston High School is one of the top 90 schools in the state for VCE performance in 2018.”
“It’s a great high school in a great location.”
“Great School, Great Community and Great Results”
“they helped me improve my grades so that’s a plus.”
“As far as high schools go, in this area FHS is by far the best one, they have (generally) great teachers, nice campuses and none of the nefarious happenings of other nearby schools”
“I am utterly disgusted in this schools actions and would never send my kids there. Playing God with their emotions and giving in to the GLBT agenda is child abuse at best. At worst this school has just endangered the kids who attend there more not less by supporting the Safe Schools Program which allows kids access and encourages them to explore transgender lives under the sanction of the state. I hope the school fails spectacularly when all the parents withdraw their kids and leave it without scaled funding. Fools.”
“Very nasty experiences from both students and teachers. Teachers were really rude and only support their favourite students and lots of bullying among students as well.”